Data Tupolev TU-144
TU-144 proceeding to take off from an airport.
- The first flight of the Tupolev TU-144 were registered the 31 december of 1968, three months before the first Concorde proceeded to carry out its first flight
- The Tupolev TU-144 it was always quicker, it possessed bigger autonomy and he had bigger capacity of passengers that their anglo-french rival.
- A total of 17 supersonic airplanes of passengers TU-144 arrived to be built. The total of airplanes Concorde that were built was of 16.
- Two accidents of the TU-144 have registered along their history. The first one in the air festival of Him Bourget in Paris the year 1973, the second have an accident registration in the year 1978 in Jegoriewskiem.
- The first use that was given to the airplane was for the quick shipment of correspondence in the year 1975. Later on in 1977 the airplane was used highly for the service of passengers in an environment local.
- A TU-144 carry out the trip from Moscow to Khabarovsk (6185 Kilometers of distance) in 3 hours and 21 minutes.
- June 5 1969 the airplane reaches Mach 1. Later on May 26 1970 the airplane reaches the speed of Mach 2.
- The accident of the TU-144 June 3 1973 in Paris were never completely clarified. Six people died including two in earth, a minor was beheaded by a piece of the airplane.
- May 23 1978 when it proceeded to an emergency landing because fire existed in the flight, the TU-144 SSSR registers 71111 smash in the hint dying its three occupants
- Aeroflot was the only one it lines air of the world that use the services of the TU-144
- The Tupolev TU-144 accent of being manufactured the year 1981
- He finishes TU-144 that it flew in the Soviet era made it in the year 1985.
- Single three airplanes TU-144 were conserved to be used by the former one USRR and the current rusia, the rest was donated to museums. One of these three airplanes is the one that now is operative in a project Russian-North American to give a new life to the TU-144
Return to the beginning
Return to the index